About Nature Quest
Why Travel With Nature Quest?
- Experience – Nature Quest has three decades of experience in guiding and planning specific nature experiences. We have the knowledge, relationships and experience to deliver a thoroughly researched, comprehensive and “glitch-free” adventure.
- Our guides – We know that the success of a trip often lies at the feet of its leader. We have a small but dedicated team of loyal guides. They are experienced and enthusiastic naturalists, ornithologists and botanists all of whom are dedicated to preserving our native flora and fauna.
- Access – We have nationwide access to our parks and reserves so we know where to go and how to get there! We are concession holders with the Department of Environment and Conservation in Western Australia and Parks Tasmania, and the Department of Conservation in Aotearoa New Zealand..
- Education – We are passionate about nature but also about educating our visitors about our unique place in the world. We provide detailed information booklets, specially prepared for each departure, consisting of background ecological information and species lists for areas visited. We ensure we use only well-researched, accurate information on ecological principles. Often evening lectures, slide and video presentations are shown during the trip.
- Our vehicles – Travel in comfort and style in our 19 seat Mitsubishi Rosa buses or our smaller late model VW Crafter passenger van which provide full views out large tinted windows. We also have an Audi e-tron for our small and private trips that has all the luxury of a larger space and is fully electric. All vehicles carry a comprehensive library, PA systems as appropriate, are spacious with good leg-room, air-conditioned and our buses have an excellent fuel consumption rating.
- Environmentally sensitive – We live amidst a treasure trove of natural wonders which carries special responsibilities for tour operators. We are proud to be an environmentally sensitive tour operator. We are in the process of switching to electric vehicles wherever possible
Nature Quest Always:
- Operate to protect the environment we are passionate about sharing.
- Encourage and develop a respect and care for the natural environment.
- Employ tour naturalists who are dedicated to, and enthusiasts for Australasia’s unique natural heritage.
- Limit numbers with each naturalist to minimise impact on the environment and maximise the engagement and enjoyment for travellers.
- Encourage all other operators to contribute to the maintenance of the natural spaces.
Nature Quest aims to provide:
- Nature and study tours that deepen traveller’s knowledge and understanding of our ecology
- Insight into the fragile nature of the ecological communities
- Educate travellers to respect and care for our natural heritage
Meet your Nature Quest Guides:
Mark Hanger founded Nature Quest in 1988 to connect visitors with the wildlife and nature of New Zealand, explore our wild places and understand the ecological communities of these isolated islands. He had the vision to provide a service that allowed visitors to both explore and understand our diverse ecology and the unique plants and animals that inhabit it.
In 2001 Nature Quest expanded to run botanical and wildlife tours in Western Australia, Tasmania and New Caledonia.